Industry: Machine Operator
Job Number: ME47680914
Pay Rate: $18 / hour
Are you ready to ignite your career in welding? We've got the perfect spark for you! We are actively seeking a dedicated and skilled Welder Trainee for a temporary-to-hire position that promises more than just a job – it's your gateway to a thriving career!
Summary of the Welder Trainee position:
The Welder Trainee is responsible for performing welding processes on production materials in accordance with specified requirements. This position requires previous welding experience and the ability to read weld symbols and blueprints.
- Location: Kearney, Nebraska
- Shift: 1st Shift, Monday - Thursday, 6:00 am – 4:30 pm with overtime on Friday - Saturday when required
- Pay: $18+/hour or more depending on experience and weld test results.
- Job Type: Temp-to-Perm
- Benefits: Full package benefits once hired on permanently
Responsibilities of the Welder Trainee:
Qualifications and Skill Requirements for the Welder Trainee position:
- Perform minor to advanced welding processes on galvanized or raw steel based on print specifications
- Operate flame-cutting equipment as needed for the welding operations
- Select appropriate voltage, current, heat, gas and feed settings for welding operations; prepare for weld operations through proper machine and jig set-ups
- Conduct first piece approval inspection using relevant quality control tools
- Move materials as required using forklift, overhead crane or other designated methods of material handling
If you're equipped with previous welding experience, the ability to decode weld symbols and blueprints and a passion for safety, then you're the welder we're looking for! Be prepared to move, groove and elevate your welding game. Don't miss out on this red-hot opportunity to forge your future! Apply now and let's turn your welding dreams into a reality!
- Knowledge of welding processes and the ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Previous welding experience is necessary
- Ability to operate and set up welding equipment and flame-cutting tolls
- Proficiency in using forklifts, overhead cranes or other material handling methods
- Demonstrated attention to safety protocols and proper use of safety equipment
Associated Staffing is an award-winning staffing agency with five locations in Nebraska and we partner with top employers in these markets. When you apply with us, your application is considered for more than one opportunity. Our service is free to job-seekers, as our clients pay a fee to bring them qualified candidates.
Benefits of working through Associated Staffing:
- Free service
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
- Referral program