Industry: Machine Operator
Job Number: DG223764130
Pay Rate: $16-19 / hour
Are you ready to bring precision to life? As a Production Machine Operator, you'll step into a crucial role where your skills merge with cutting-edge machinery shaping raw materials into extraordinary components. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in the manufacturing process ensuring every piece meets the highest standards. If you thrive in an environment where attention to detail is a craft and machinery is your medium, we invite you to join this dynamic team.
Summary of the Machine Operator position:
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator:
- Location: Columbus, Nebraska
- Shift: 1st, Monday - Thursday 6 AM - 4:30 PM; 2nd, Monday - Thursday 3:30 PM - midnight
- Compensation: $16-19/hour depending on experience
Requirements for the Machine Operator position:
- Operate production machinery including lathes, grinders, mills, punch presses and similar equipment in accordance with prints and specifications.
- Produce the required quantity of parts within established specifications and tolerance.
- Maintain work center quality, keeping a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Prepare materials and complete changeovers of machine tooling.
- Handle materials safely, reducing risk to themselves and others while minimizing the risk of damaging materials.
- Inspect equipment before use, ensuring proper setup and alignment; perform basic adjustments and routine maintenance.
- Perform and maintain basic cleaning of the work area every shift.
- Read blueprints, drawings, specifications and utilize sample parts for the operation.
- Work independently with little to no direction, showcasing excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Utilize a good understanding of basic mathematics in daily operations.
Embark on a career that melds technical expertise with creativity. Join this company as a Machine Operator where your commitment to quality and dedication to precision make every piece a work of art. Take the leap into a world where your skills are not just valued but celebrated and where each day brings new challenges to conquer. Join them in reshaping the future of manufacturing – apply now and be the artisan of innovation!
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical certification/diploma for a technical college
- 0-1 year of relevant experience
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good understanding of basic mathematics
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to use measuring devices (tape measures, etc.)
- Ability to work alone with little to no direction
- Willingness to utilize proper personal protective equipment
Associated Staffing is an award-winning staffing agency with five locations in Nebraska and we partner with top employers in these markets. When you apply with us, your application is considered for more than one opportunity. Our service is free to job seekers, as our clients pay a fee to bring them qualified candidates.
Benefits of working through Associated Staffing:
- Free service
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
- Referral program