Job Number: ME73335712
Pay Rate: $84000 / year
We are seeking a City Administrator for a small city in South Central Nebraska. The City Administrator is entrusted with the daily oversight and effective administration of all aspects of the city. This position holds general supervisory authority over all municipal departments ensuring the smooth operation and coordination of various functions. The City Administrator reports directly to the Mayor and City Council.
Summary of the City Administrator position:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the City Administrator:
- Job Title: City Administrator
- Location: South Central Nebraska
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
- Salary: Up to $84,000/year depending on experience
- Benefits: Vacation time & sick leave, medical, dental and vision coverage and retirement plan with a match
- Employment Type: Direct Hire Position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for the City Administrator position:
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all municipal property both real and personal.
- Act as the purchasing agent for supplies, goods and equipment for various city departments.
- Keep the Mayor and Council informed about the financial condition and needs of the municipality preparing the annual estimate of expenditures.
- Serve as the public relations officer addressing and resolving complaints and collaborating with community organizations to advance the city's best interests.
- Attend all Council meetings and other relevant municipal department meetings providing reports as necessary.
- Analyze the functions and activities of city departments making recommendations to the Mayor and Council.
- Implement the Mayor's and Council's recommendations to coordinate administrative functions across departments.
- Recommend long-range improvements to enhance municipal operations.
- Oversee the appointment and dismissal of department heads subject to the Mayor and Council's recommendations.
- Perform the duties of Utilities Superintendent and/or Zoning Inspector when necessary.
- Administer and be responsible for all city departments and divisions excluding the Municipal Attorney's office.
- Recommend measures and ordinances to the Mayor and Council as necessary.
- Prepare and recommend a classification and compensation plan.
- Conduct investigations into municipal affairs, contracts and obligations.
- Exercise general supervision over public buildings, streets and other city properties.
- Submit an annual report of the municipality's finances and administrative activities to the Mayor and Council.
- Ensure the appropriate insurance coverage for municipal property.
- Serve in any appointed office or head of a department when required by the Mayor and Council.
- Keep the office open for public affairs during designated days and hours.
- Perform other duties and exercise powers delegated by ordinances, resolutions, or the Mayor.
Training and Experience Required for the City Administrator position:
- In-depth knowledge and application of city, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Understanding of municipal government principles, practices and policies.
- Familiarity with public personnel administration.
- Proficiency in private or public sector accounting, business or finance administration.
- Competence in computer programs for word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Ability to use independent judgment in executing duties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities.
- Physical capability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Join this small town as the City Administrator and lead a dynamic team towards excellence! Embrace the challenge, drive innovation and shape the community's destiny. From overseeing city operations to spearheading economic development, your impact will echo through the town. Seize the opportunity – $84,000 salary, benefits and a chance to make history! Elevate your career, inspire change and be the heartbeat of this town's progress! Apply now! Associated Staffing is an award-winning staffing agency with five locations in Nebraska and we partner with top employers in these markets. When you apply with us, your application is considered for more than one opportunity. Our service is free to job seekers, as our clients pay a fee to bring them qualified candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of five years of administrative, management and supervisory experience in municipal or county government or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid driver’s license and must be bondable.